Butternut squash soup is one of my favorite soups. Luckily, my husband is great at whipping up a large batch. Here's his recipe.
Butternut Squash Soup
Makes about 7 cups
- 1 package Costco butternut squash cubes
- 3 cups water
- 18g chicken bullion
- 12 oz sweet onions, chopped
- 1 bay leaf, fresh if possible
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tbsp thick plain Greek yogurt (per serving)
- In a large pan, combine the squash, water, bullion, onions and bay leaf, bringing to a boil.
- Cover the pot and reduce the heat to low, simmer for 20 minutes or until squash is tender, then remove from heat.
- Take out the bayleaf and blend with immersion blender until smooth.
- Season with 1/4 nutmeg, sea salt and pepper.
- Ladle into soup bowls and swirl 2 tablespoon of yogurt
into each bowl.
I suggest serving it with biscuits and my Everyday Salad.